Thursday, November 21, 2013

November's Feast: Friendsgiving: Main Course

I'm not sure how aware you are that Hannakuh begins on Thanksgiving this year, but when Husband realized it, he was pretty excited.

"That means we can do Jewish food as the main course for Friendsgiving!" he exclaimed in delight. 

Woah, ok. That sounds amazing.

We toyed with the idea of making a vegetarian main dish, but his thoughts kept going to the brisket his grandma made when he left New York...it was settled.

So brisket it is, and I'm excited to see the array of other delectable dishes that show up at our house next week! (Yes, NEXT WEEK!) In addition to the beer and/or wine (and water, too, of course), I'm thinking of making this: Crock Pot Chai to go either with the meal or dessert.

As for the table, I would like to hit up some thrift stores and try to find a brown table cloth. If I can't find one, I might try to find a similarly fall-ish colored table runner. There still is the issue of chairs... I suppose we could make it BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair). Just kidding, we will figure that out. ;) I'm still deciding on which plates to use, but I might just go with the flow on that one.

I'm still pinning away over at All Tomorrow's (Dinner) Parties. Have you seen the Sweet Estelle stuff? Holy moly, I'm dying from the cute.

Now for a bit of a diversion from the topic...Saturday, the day after tomorrow, is mine and Husband's anniversary! All I gotta say is that I feel like the luckiest lady in the universe. So a mega shout out to Husband for being amazing. <3 I'll leave you with some pictures from that marvelous day in Audubon Park, New Orleans. Have a great weekend! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment