Thursday, January 30, 2014

Coooookies

The gnome cookie jar, illuminated by the rays of the sun while awaiting
my offering of baked goodness.

I saw some cookies on Pinterest the other day, and if you follow me on there you probably saw them, too: Earl Grey Tea Cookies.

I'm not sure why, but I have been wanting to eat ALL THE COOKIES lately, so being that we had (pretty much) all of the ingredients on hand, I decided to make these bad boys. Ok, ok, they are tea cookies. Maybe "bad boys" is not the term I'm looking for. Anyway, we didn't have Earl Grey tea, so I just broke open a few cheap regular tea bags. I'm telling you, I wanted cookies badly. I had to make do with what we had and what we had was not fancy. 

~Hey wait a minute or four, speaking of bad boys, have you seen this?



Ok back to the post.~

So anyway, these are the result and they are pretty delicious. They sort of remind me of shortbread, but with a different flavor. A flavor of...tea...and oranges. 

Enlarged to show texture

That's a demitasse set - these are leetle cookies. That means you can eat a bunch.
Tiny little pucks of shortbready orange and tea deliciousness. Aww yeah. What cookies have you made recently?


No comments:

Post a Comment