Sunday, November 24, 2013

Work In Progress: The Startover Scarf

Backstory:  I started making this scarf for someone I've never met.  It's a friend of a friend that has been going through a lot of challenges lately and basically has to start from scratch.  He somehow ended up here, in Chicago, right before winter hits without even a winter coat.  As my friend was finishing his story about this person, I picked up my knitting needles and started this scarf.  


I named this piece "The Startover Scarf" because it's a part of someone's new beginning.  Little did I know that it would take on a life of it's own and live up to its name before all is said and done...

...this is the 3rd time I've pulled apart and restarted this scarf.
(startover, indeed)



I'm using super bulky wool and size 17 needles (yeah baby).  How long will it be?  Until the yarn runs out.  :)
I have a picture in my head of a double or triple wrap scarf that connects with 2 big wood buttons.
Manly and adorable all at the same time, plus it's wool so it will be nice and warm for the winter.


I'm at the halfway point right now... time to finish up, add the buttons and send it off to its new owner!
What are YOU working on right now?


No comments:

Post a Comment