Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013, A Very Good Year

What a year, huh? I don't know about you, but this year seemed to really fly by for our family. We keep saying "time flies when you're having fun", but holy crap.

Well anyway...HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I think this is going to be a great one, too. Last night I spent some time taking Becky's advice in her blog post, "Retreat", and doing a bit of introspection. I journaled about the past year and listed some things that I would like to do and changes I would like to make for this new year. This shiny, brand new year. =)

We have a family resolution to be mostly vegetarian in 2014, which I am really excited about. Last night I listed about eight things for personal resolutions, but I sort of always have an ongoing list. Have you heard of "101 Things in 1001 Days" lists? I've kept one for years, since the girls were really tiny. I am a list lover, I must admit.  

I hope everyone had a great holiday. We were in New Orleans for the last week and had a great time with Oma (Miss S and Miss G's grandma). I've included a few pictures of our trip (ok, the first picture is from the sweet swap party; these are the Christmas trees Miss G and I made). 

Holiday trees for the sweet swap

Carrot, trying to steal my water!

Carousel at Audubon Zoo 

My carousel ride

Gettin' all fancy at the Royal Sonesta

In the "snow" at Miracle on Fulton Street

In the exact spot where we were married 

Celebration in the Oaks in City Park...best huge outdoor holiday party ever!

Vegetarian pho at Lily's Cafe (omg)

Eating some delicious, delicious oysters

Our surrey adventure in City Park

Happy New Year, from our family to you and yours! ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment